How to Convert DVD to MOV on Mac?
QuickTime File Format (QTFF) is a computer file format used natively by the QuickTime framework. Its extension name is .mov and .qt. MOV format is widely accepted by Apple digital devices. To convert DVD movies to MOV format so as to enjoy the DVD movies through MOV support devices, we have to take advantage of professional DVD to MOV converter. iCoolsoft DVD Ripper for Mac is just what we need. It is professional enough to decipher DVD discs automatically and support various output formats. It also provides editing functions, snapshot function and preview function. You could also set the output parameters according to your needs freely.
Free download and install iCoolsoft DVD Ripper for Mac Launch the software.
1. Click "Load DVD" button to add the DVD you want to convert.
Tip: Click button then you can preview it in the preview pane. While previewing, you can take snapshot of the scenes you like by clicking button . The scenes will be saved as JPEG, GIF, or BMP format according to your set. Clicking button can help you quickly find those snapped pictures.
2. Select MOV as the output format from the drop-down list of "Profile".
Tip: The software allows you to select Audio Track and Subtitle. It also enables you to set the output parameters. Click button "Settings" then you can set Resolution, Frame Rate, Video Bitrate, Sample Rate, Channels, and Audio Bitrate according to your needs. You can even input your own Resolution if you can not find a proper one from its drop-down list.
3. Click "Browse" button to select a folder to save the target MOV files.
4. Click button "Convert" to start converting DVD to MOV format.
The above 4 steps are all you need to do to convert DVD to MOV format. If you want to edit the original DVD, you can use the edit functions like below:
1) The "Effect" function can help you to adjust the Brightness, Contrast, and Saturation.
2) The "Trim" function can help you to trim any time-length of clips. So you can convert only a part of the original file or you can delete some content you do not like of the original file.
3) The "Crop" function allows you to select the Aspect Ratio, including 16:9, 4:3, and Full Screen. With that function, you can also crop video image to zoom in some certain part or get rid of the black borders.
4) The "Watermark" function enables you to add text or picture watermark.
5) The "Merge" function of the software can help you to merge several chapters or clips together so as to output them as one whole file. Dragging the files in the file list can help you to arrange the order.